Avani to open 10 hotels by 2022
Thailand's Minor Hotels has confirmed that its Avani Hotels & Resorts brand is on track to open more than ten new properties in the next few years, including debuting in four new countries.
Avani has also successfully completed a number of full-scale renovation projects at its existing properties, including the construction of a second wing at FCC Angkor by Avani in Cambodia; the full renovation of Avani Kalutara Resort in Sri Lanka; and the renovation and rebranding of Avani Seminyak Bali Resort, Indonesia.
"We are pleased that our partners are reaffirming their commitment to long-term growth with Avani, as demonstrated in their decision to continue with the delivery of at least seven new properties by the end of 2021," said Dillip Rajakarier, CEO of Minor Hotels, the parent company of Avani Hotels & Resorts. "With yet more projects expected to be completed in the following two years and additional pipeline announcements coming soon, Avani continues to be the fastest-growing brand in the company."
Confirmed properties in the brand's pipeline include:
- Avani+ Koh Lanta Resort, Thailand (opening Q4 2020): With direct access to secluded white sandy shores adjacent to renowned Klong Dao Beach, the 87-key Avani+ Koh Lanta Krabi Resort promises equal parts serene forest and splendid tropical seas.
- Avani Palm View Dubai Residences & Suites, UAE (opening Q4 2020): In the final stages of development in a prestigious location overlooking the Palm Jumeirah, accommodation options at the new-build, 264-key Avani Palm View Residences & Suites range from studios to multi-bedroom residences.
- Avani Doc Let Resort, Vietnam (opening Q1 2021): Offering direct access to the exhilarating rides at Doc Let Water Park, Avani Doc Let's 273 guest rooms and villas on Vietnam's central coast are likely to be a hit with families.
- Avani Muscat Hotel, Oman (opening Q1 2021): Representing the brand's Omani debut and the second country in the Middle East region, the Avani Muscat Hotel will be set in Seeb, the heart of Muscat's westward growth, with laidback days of rooftop lounging and shopping. The hotel will offer 161 keys, in addition to 45 studios and one, two and three-bedroom serviced apartments.
- Avani Nairobi Residences, Kenya (opening 2021): The 120-key all-suite property located in the heart of Westlands, Avani Nairobi Residences will offer direct access to an array of multinational corporations, restaurants and bars.
- Avani+ Fares Maldives Resort, Maldives (opening late 2021): Located on Fares Island in Maldives' Baa Atoll, Avani will debut in the Indian Ocean country with 200 guest rooms and villas (pictured above).
- Avani+ Khao Lak Resort, Thailand (opening late 2021): With Andaman Sea views, Avani+ Khao Lak will offer 328 rooms and suites.
- Avani Saigon Hotel, Vietnam (opening 2022): The 217-room Avani Ho Chi Minh's location in District 1 will put guests right at the centre of it all. Restaurants, cafés, bars and entertainment all just steps away.
- Avani Cam Ranh Resort, Vietnam (opening 2022): Set on a beautiful stretch of beach in Binh Lap, the Avani Cam Ranh will have 595 rooms and suites.
- Avani Kota Kinabalu Hotel, Malaysia (opening 2022): Avani Kota Kinabalu will bring fresh flair to the regional hub of Malaysian Borneo. The 378-room hotel is part of the rapidly expanding downtown area, blending cosmopolitan chic and old-world charm.
- Avani Yangon Hotel, Myanmar (opening 2024): Avani Yangon will offer travellers 250 guest rooms within a vibrant mixed-use development with offices, shops and entertainment steps away. The property will represent the brand's debut in Myanmar.